Feb 27, 2011

In all Earnest. Day 7





At the Roundabout Theater on Broadway - Wilde is wilde. The play was delightful. Witty in a very British old school. All about wordplay and misapprehension. Indeed a true comedy of errors. I wonder why it is customary to have a male actor cast as aunt Augusta, she was really august! The names, the names for crting out loud! Algernon, or Algie! Class conscious, ironical, almost spiteful! But as I said , delightful my dear boy!
The play was at 7, and before that I went to a BBQ and had a steak with french fries - excellent food. And before that again I was in book heaven. Browsing through rows and rows of books at Barnes and Noble. Then having coffee while leafing through what I'd found, and then again attacked the shelves, carefully marked e.g. Teens, Teens romance, women's erotica, food etc.etc. Pure joy! And before that I was reading in bed. From 3 am to 6 am I was reading The Postmistress, a novel by Sarah Blake (tell you about that later).
And now dear reader, you may ask, what's with the English, it is 1. to show off my new cool, 2. inspiration from Wilde's playful text 3. a keyboard lacking in essential signs and 4, I just might force my students to study the blog in English class...joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment